Where musicians learn how to show up confidently in every situation and how to create a performing life on their own terms!
A 6-week gig booking course online
Get ready to be your own Badass Booking agent!
- Having a hard time getting yourself the performance opportunities that will lead you to the artistic life you want?
- Have you worked with an agent and realized that they don’t miraculously fill up your schedule with gigs?
- Do you want to be more pro-active in creating your dream career but you’re not sure about how to do it?
“Gilad’s enthusiasm and practical approach really helped me to examine my money mindset and work towards expanding my offerings as a teaching artist. If you want to grow your business in a way that compliments all aspects of your life, do not miss the opportunity to work with him!” ~Alexandra Lang, operatic soprano
In this course I am excited to give you my tried-and-true tools you need to make a DIY performing career!
Through this high-touch course you’ll dive deep into what it takes to be your own agent, get useful and practical tools to create the artistic life you want, feel more confident with the way you present yourself to clients and industry decision makers, learn how to stand up for your worth and values as an artist, and be able to take control of your performing career.
I’ve been my own agent for 15 years now. Often, this means coming up with ideas that help me sell my performing services. These offerings range from solo work to playing with full bands, themed trio shows to orchestral concerts, and many iterations in between.
On my journey, I am continuously creating new acts, diversifying my musical offerings, moving between genres, finding new ways to combine my musical backgrounds with my personal and artistic strengths, and truly connecting to the aspects that make me marketable.
By being my own agent, I’ve had to learn important skills like how to sell to audiences directly, as well as to production companies, orchestras, and other presenting organizations. I’ve learned how to research opportunities, reach out to presenters, negotiate terms, write contracts, book tours, and everything that an agent is supposed to do for their client, and I have also parlayed these skills into a successful side-business as a booker for other artists. However, one of my proudest booking achievement came from acting as my own agent and getting my classical crossover duo booked on America’s Got Talent!
This work has led me to value my own time more, and to have the confidence to demand the fees and terms that I deserve for my performances without hesitation, and that is exactly what I want for you!
I truly believe that “a rising tide raises all ships“.
When more musicians (and artists of all kinds) are able to act as their own agents confidently, and to advocate for themselves from a place of empowerment, this will eventually lead to a paradigm shift in the way clients view artists, and we will all be better off for it.
Why I created this course:
- To help you gain the ability to create the most artistically-fulfilling performing career of your dreams!
- Because you don’t have to wait for someone else to “discover” you in order to start making waves and putting yourself out there!
- To share my years of experience in these situations, both good and challenging, so you can learn the intricacies that I had to figure out on my own, which will then help you avoid making some of the mistakes I’ve made along the way.
“You are really giving so much information, and a lot of what you say is going to be brand new to a lot of people. I love all that you are saying, and you’re very encouraging. I think one thing you do really well that I don’t always see is that you push finding your uniqueness and making it a marketable quality. Or rather THE marketable quality.” ~Kirsten Kunkle, producer, opera singer, librettist, composer
Sounds good? Here’s the nitty-gritty:
Tuesdays 8:30-9:45pm Eastern Time
October 18th-November 22nd, 2022
4 Modules divided into 6 online classes that will cover these topics, among others:
- Module 1 – Who am I? (Build Your Offers – Uniqueness, Diversification, Ideal Audience)
- Module 2 – How do I sell this? (Pitch Your Offers – Materials, Website, Researching Opportunities)
- Module 3 – Money money money (Book Your Offers – Sales Calls, Pricing, Negotiations, Contracts)
- Module 4 – Now what? (After the Booking – Collecting Payments, Tech Riders, Booking Travel & Tours)
All classes are held online, and everyone is encouraged to attend live, though classes will also be recorded for those who missed the live session. We will be going over homework at the beginning of each class and have time for Q&As at the end of each lesson, so space is limited in order to allow time for participants to ask questions and get answers.
Why be your own Badass Booking agent?
Right now my minimum fee for a local performance is $500, not including any rehearsal time. After going through the Badass Booking Boot Camp you’ll have the know-how and confidence to start booking yourself at this rate and higher!
You’ll tap into what makes you unique and sellable, know who your ideal clients are, and learn the techniques and negotiation “tricks” that will get you the kind of paid gigs that you dream about!
“I had my meeting with [the presenter] last night and it went great!! Among other exciting additions, I got my flights covered and a reasonable pay on my terms. I just wanted to reach out and say thank you so much for your knowledge and advice!”
~Robert Feng, operatic bass
The best part? Badass Booking Boot Camp is only $497!
This means that when you’ll book your first $500 gig you’ll cover the cost of the entire course – the rest is gravy!
Early Bird pricing: $197
Enter code EARLYBADASS at checkout until Oct. 2, 2022
Groggy Bird pricing: $297
Enter code GROGGYBADASS at checkout until Oct. 11, 2022